Cargill opens tenth aqua feed line in Vietnam
News 04/05/2017 - Administrator
Feed firm Cargill has marked the opening of its tenth aqua feed line in Vietnam, strengthening its long-term commitment to contribute to the development of the local agricultural economy, it said.
It is Cargill’s second aquaculture feed line in the north of Vietnam. With a production capacity of 3,000 metric tons per month, this line focuses on high quality extruded feed for tilapia and other local species to serve the local demand for floating fish feeds.
Thanks to its location in Ha Nam province, the new line will improve access to customers in the major agricultural areas of Ha Nam, Hanoi, Thai Binh and the broader North Central Vietnam region, where farmers are rapidly switching from extensive to intensive farming practices, said Cargill.
"It will help reduce delivery time to customers and enable fish farmers to grow healthy seafood, increase their output, and lower their production costs per kilogram while reducing their impact on the environment."
Vietnam is a critical aquaculture market for Cargill, and the firm is excited to be expanding its aquaculture feed capability to its sixth plant location, to continue growth in Vietnam and in Asia South, said Chad Gauger, managing director of Cargill Aquaculture Nutrition Asia South.
“Cargill’s global innovation and expertise combined with our strong plant operations in Vietnam and commercial teams will bring exciting new technologies to the Vietnamese farmer to help them thrive.”
Cargill’s first aqua feed facility in Vietnam was inaugurated in Bien Hoa in 1998. Upon the acquisition of EWOS in 2015, its manufacturing facilities in Vietnam were integrated into Cargill’s plant network in the country.
Keywords: Vietnam aqua feed
Find out more
- EU falls behind ASEAN region in pangasius imports (02/04/2018)
- Pangasius raw material prices reach highest-ever levels (02/04/2018)
- McCain, Shaheen ask USTR to support stripping USDA of catfish authority (23/03/2018)
- Vinh Hoan pangasius goes into Middle East’s first discount retailer (22/03/2018)
- Young’s launches pollock Gastro products as whitefish prices rise (15/03/2018)
- Trident: Demand for pollock fillets will be 40,000t over supply this year (15/03/2018)
- HOMEMARKETPLACEPRICESSPECIESCOMPANIESDOWNSTREAMUPSTREAMBLOGSJOBSREPORTSNEWSLETTERS PRICESCOMPANIESNORTH AMERICA Alaska asks for disaster funds for Pacific cod quota cut (15/03/2018)
- US SIMP for shrimp, catfish advocates to lose champion in Cochran (12/03/2018)
- Vietnamese pangasius clears USDA’s first hurdle, but two more ahead (08/03/2018)
- Vietnam files WTO complaint on US pangasius inspections (28/02/2018)