Aquatic products expected to rake in 9 billion USD by 2020
News 26/09/2017 - Administrator
Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam expects to achieve 6 percent growth in aquaculture and 9 billion USD from aquatic product exports by 2020.
The goals were set in the targeted programme on sustainable fishery development for the 2016-2020 period recently approved by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
The programme prioritises aquaculture development through enhancing research capacity and modernising breeding production system with a focus placed on key staples like tra fish, shrimps, molluscs, tilapia fish and clam.
The Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) will be applied in key seafood farming areas which have comprehensive infrastructure in the Mekong Delta, Red River Delta and central coastal localities. The move aims to ensure that all farming zones will meet advanced standards on quality and food safety and hygiene.
Infrastructures for the zones must suit socio-economic and environmental conditions in coastal areas and three monitoring centres will be built to oversee the environment’s quality and warn aquatic diseases.
Regarding aquatic product processing and trade development, the fishery sector will prioritise products with high added value, branches out trade marks for shrimps, tra fish, molluscs, tilapia fish and tuna.
It will recover and develop traditional aquatic processing villages, control quality of processed products to meet demands of both domestic and foreign markets as well as address trade barriers.
The targeted programme also sets the protection of aquatic resources as a key mission for the fishery sector. - VNA
Keywords: Vietnam Expects tra fish pangasius
Find out more
- Developing Domestic Seafood Market (23/11/2017)
- Tra fish exports to US on course (26/09/2017)
- Pangasius Of Vietnam (14/09/2017)
- Cargill opens tenth aqua feed line in Vietnam (04/05/2017)
- Vinh Hoan calls for ASMI, NSC-style marketing collaboration (04/05/2017)
- Vietnam Emerged as Major Market for Indian Shrimp Exports in 2016 (24/04/2017)
- Ambitious national plan to boost the shrimp industry (24/04/2017)
- Vietnam sees "hot growth" in catfish exports to China (18/04/2017)
- Vinh Hoan sets sights on ‘formal’ pangasius trade with Chinese seafood giant (18/04/2017)
- Trading seafood successfully with China market (17/04/2017)